Monday, March 23, 2009

Basketballed Out








I had a great weekend of watching basketball. I rooted for all the underdogs, including my Alma Mater, USC, who won in the first round but lost yesterday. I rooted for the underdogs despite the fact I picked very few of them on my bracket sheet. It made the weekend fun, even though by end of yesterday they had all lost.

But I didn't spend the entire weekend on b-ball. While ODing on hoops, I took the time to go through the typeset text galleys my editor sent a few weeks ago. I know. It's about time, huh? I wasn't supposed to look for typos, just things I felt no longer worked after seeing them in galley form. I didn't have any big changes (I know my editor will be glad to hear that). So I'm sending the marked pages off to her today. I think the next time I see the book it will be in official galley form.

On one hand I can't wait. On the other, I'm getting nervous. I really, really, really want people to like it. It's a strange take on a zombie tale, and I'm starting to feel the flop sweat--thinking I may have made a huge mistake I can NEVER take back. Once it's out there... it's out there. That can be good AND bad.

I thought I'd feel exhilarated, my first YA novel is about to be published. Maybe it's just the Monday blahs. I hope so. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Sleep tight...

No comments:

Post a Comment