Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blurbquest II



This morning when I woke up I found a wonderful surprise in my email box. My first blurb. I was nervous when I saw the email title. I wondered what he'd say. Actually I was way more nervous when he told me he had to read the book, and if he didn't like it, no blurb. I guess somewhere inside I knew this. But when he said it--and in an email no less--I could feel the sweat.

That was way back in December. I have tried not to bug the few people I have cornered into doing blurbs for fear I would lose them. So yesterday when he wrote he finally had time to look at the book, and he was enjoying it, my initial fear went away. Now, I wondered if I'd like the blurb.

And I do!!!


Here it is, from Jim Bernstein, Executive Producer/Writer of the animated sitcom, American Dad:
"Mean Girls" meets "Night of the Living Dead". As frightening, tumultuous and hilarious as actual adolescence!


I realize none of you have read the book, but wouldn't this blurb make you want to check it out? Thanks, Jim. This really means a lot to me.

I hear I have another blurb coming next week. Unfortunately the life-altering blurb I was so excited about getting didn't come through. But there's still hope he'll change his mind... And Joss Whedon, if you're reading this, give a brother a holler. A blurb from you or Meg Cabot would make my year.

Guys, this is one of those days where I feel like I'm really on my way. I did it! I'm a YA author. Tomorrow I meet with my web designer to finalize the new website. I will sleep well tonight. You do the same.

Sleep tight, don't let the zombies bite.















2 comments:

  1. If I didn't already want to read it, that would definitely entice me to find out more about the book. That's fantastic! Congrats!! I can't wait until I'm in your shoes...and I'm crossing my fingers for you with regards to Meg and Joss. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! That is a great blurb. I can't wait for the book, and will purchase copies for all of my nieces. Yeah!! Fantastic! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete