Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just Say No!


I have just discovered the true purpose of MySpace, Facebook and Twitter--to keep us from doing ANYTHING constructive with our lives! I now believe these social networks were invented by those Hulu aliens to turn our brains to mush, and keep us from achieving our goals.

Case in point, since signing up for twitter my writing output is down 50%. FIFTY f**#@ing PERCENT!!! But ask me what Meg Cabot did today. In fact, ask me what she did fifteen minutes ago... You know, now that I think about it, I believe Meg Cabot is behind all this social networking. Yes! That's it! She's trying to eliminate the competition.

Well, it's not going to work--at least not with me. Starting tomorrow I am only checking my social networking sites once a day... okay, once an hour (let's not go crazy). You heard me--ONCE! At least until I increase my work output.

And those of you who find yourselves twittering your time away with social networking instead of something constructive, it's time to--JUST SAY NO!

And if you happen to catch me on MySpace, Facebook or Twitter, please remind me I have more important things to do. And if you'd like, I will do the same for you.

Sleep tight, don't let the zombies bite.

*For those of you who care, Meg Cabot had lunch with Judy Blume today. I know... I'm sick.

7 comments:

  1. That's how we roll. Sorry, I had to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, brother! The good news is that I have a full-time job and can get my social networking fixes during breaks, down time, and lunch.

    But, I know what you mean about writing stats plummeting. I wrote ANJIDIA in 4 weeks, and haven't even written a chapter (the prologue doesn't count!) of my next book in SEVEN MONTHS!

    I need a writer's retreat or something...hmm... Ideas, you give me ideas! [insert maniacal laughter here]

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. You are too funny! BTW, did you curse me or something in the post that was removed? Enquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. Um, please don't think I'm a nerd for admitting this...but there was a typo. It was driving me nuts, and since I couldn't edit, I did the next best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was struggling with this all day. MUST NOT CHECK FOR NEW MESSAGES... Aghe! Checked. Ok, fine, but now no more. MUST NOT CHECK... Agh...

    I'm not even supposed to be writing this comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, now, Tara. Don't beat yourself up. The first step is admitting you have a problem... If you're reading this, it's worse than I thought.

    ReplyDelete