Monday, January 10, 2011

The Purple Couch--Update


The Purple Couch is hitting the streets.

Last Tuesday I told you about Michael and Cheryl Johnson's wonderful project, The Purple Couch: stories from America's living room. I have an update. My uber agent, Jim Kellem, set a meeting for Michael, Cheryl and me to screen the presentation for Discovery Studios. We screened it for them, and guess what? They loved it! They want to take it into OWN--Oprah's new network.

This gives me a great deal of relief, because that is where Cheryl felt it belonged in the first place. So, step one is accomplished--we have a studio partner. In TV you need a studio AND a network. Simply put, studios make stuff, networks show stuff. Now we need to screen it for the network, and for them to like it.

Discovery wants to do a a tiny edit to the presentation before taking it in to OWN. Hopefully that will happen this week. Keep your fingers and toes crossed. Michael and Cheryl have worked so hard on this. This is not something that just came off the top of their heads. It's a project that has gone through a lot of development. Wouldn't it be neat to help make their dream come true and see them get their show on national television? I know the answer to that--YES!

If you haven't seen The Purple Couch trailer and would like to watch it, click: HERE. I'd love to hear what you think. And I have a special bonus. If you'd like to check out a very sweet story straight from the couch click on: Amanda's Story.

Stay tuned.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea. Like mega seriously love it. I hope the project gets accepted. Sounds like a lot of hard work, but so cool and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great couch! this is very inspiring..

    -
    Edward

    ReplyDelete