Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Comic Con Adventure Pt. 2


My Comic Con adventure continued after lunch on Friday when I walked the floor with my old pal, Lia, who had one thing on her mind--FREE SWAG.  We headed over to the After Dark booth where our friend, actor, Orlando Jones was signing his new graphic novel Tainted Love.  But by the time we made it across the crowded floor, Orlando had left for the Black Dynamite panel, where we were told he would be appearing.


After missing Orlando we walked the floor, or should I say shambled across the floor, like zombies, because that's about as fast as we could move with the crowds, in search of cool booths and free swag.

After Lia got a Spider man t-shirt for her son (which she had to pay for, btw) we decided the lines at the cool booths were too long.  Lia planned to come back on Saturday and get to the Con at 7 in the morning.  I decided to go back to the hotel, post my morning activities on my FB page and Twitter, and chill.  I had a party to attend that evening.  The After Eisner (Eisner Awards) Party hosted by Jamie Kennedy.  I was not only on the guest list.  I had a ringside reserved table.  And you know I had to take advantage of the VIP treatment.  Lord knows if or when I would get it again.

A few months ago, when I found out I would be on a panel at the Con, I posted on my blog if there were any E. Van Lowe fans attending, let me know and I would take them to dinner.  Only two fans responded.  Last week, I asked if instead of dinner they'd like to attend a Comic Con VIP event.  The answer was "YES!  ARE YOU KIDDING?"  Elizabeth and DJ's names were added to my guest list.  Elizabeth is also Titania86 owner of the Fishmuffins of Doom blog.  If you want to see some awesome Comic Con costume sightings, head on over to her blog and check them out.

By the way, I plan to take fans to dinner (or a VIP party) next Comic Con, 2013.  Be on the lookout for my post next spring.  If you're planning to attend Comic Con 2013, why not hang out with your pal, E?  I showed Elizabeth and DJ a really good time.  Just ask them.

One of the great pleasures of the Con was getting to meet the fourteen year-old girl group--Girl Squad.

Girl Squad was the entertainment for the night.  They were excellent--a bouncy blend of pop and hip hop.  I was actually surprised at how good they were.  I know you'll be hearing more about them in the coming year.  They're right up there with Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj. They're in the studio right now, and in fact are in LA today shooting their first music video... And guess who they invited to hang out on the set???  Yep.  Me.  I told their manager Reg Reg Askew,  that someone should create some books or a TV show (Paranormal, of course) with these girls as characters.  I also told him who I though would be the perfect choice to do this... No, not Joss Whedon!  ME?

So that's my Comic Con adventure for 2012.  I got back to the room in the wee hours, only to get up at 7 so I could get myself together for a breakfast meeting with a young producer.  I would have had to get up, anyway.  Lia called to let me know she was on the floor collecting her free swag.  Go, Lia. 

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. DJ and I had a blast with you! Thank you so much! I'm glad you had a good time too. Girl Squad sounds fun. I hope they take you up on the offer to make paranormal stories about them. Keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just found your website and it is awesome. I'm following and I look forward to checking out your books!
    Would you mind checking out my book/blog Escaping Jackie, I'd appreciate it very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time. I'm going to attend DragonCon this year for the first time. I'm so excited. Thanks for the comment at Book Blogs. It's a pleasure to meet you.

    ReplyDelete